Your support makes a vital difference.
Your donation directly impacts the lives of lung transplant patients, their carers, families, friends and the wider community – everyday.
When you support the Lungitude Foundation your donation will fund health and medical projects to facilitate world-class research, as well as promote and support improvements in medical procedures, treatments and strategies for patients pre, during and post-transplantation. Learn more about Our Impact and the Research we are funding.
The Lungitude Foundation prides itself on allocating the generous donations received from our donors to the clinical and research projects in a transparent, fair and equitable fashion under the oversight of Our Board. Independent medical peer review is incorporated into all our funding decisions.
Learn more about the different options available:
Your donation to the Lungitude Foundation will help raise vital funds to save and extend lives. We rely on the generosity of donors like yourself to improve survival rates and outcomes for lung transplant recipients and their carers.
Our regular monthly donors understand the importance of providing consistent support for vital lung transplant research for the benefit of families now and in the future.
Medical research breakthroughs take dedication and investment which benefit greatly from ongoing contributions.
To donate on a recurring monthly basis tick recurring options when selecting your donation amount. Please note that you will need to have a PayPal account to do recurring donations.
Corporate giving enables organisations to give back to their community or recognise the challenges being faced by one of their employees.
There are many ways of providing support including holding ‘gold coin donation’ days, matching employee contributions, providing volunteers and services, and sponsoring events or causes.
Your organisation can make a key difference in improving survival rates and outcomes for lung transplant recipients and their carers. Please visit our Partnerships section for further information.
Make your next occasion more meaningful than ever by asking friends and family to support a cause that is close to your heart in lieu of gifts.
Your next birthday, your wedding, milestone or transplant anniversary could raise much needed funds to improve survival rates and outcomes for lung transplant recipients and their carers.
A special way to honour the memory of a loved one is by making an In Memoriam donation or setting up a Tribute Fund in their name to support vital lung transplant clinical and research endeavours.
You may choose a lasting tribute in memory of a loved one by holding an annual memorial event or making donations on a date that was relevant to them. An event could be held from a get-together with family and friends, to an annual fundraising event in your community. You may also choose to combine the event with a tour of the laboratory and meeting the research team which your donations assist.
A bequest is a lasting legacy that extends beyond your lifetime. You may choose to allocate your contribution towards lung transplant research if that is important to you and your family. This can also be in the form of a specific research fellowship or student scholarship.
Types of Bequests
- Percentage Bequest – A nominated percentage of your estate
- Specific Bequest – A nominated amount of a specific gift
- Residual Bequest – What remains of your estate once family and friends have been provided for
We would be pleased to assist you with more information regarding a bequest option that will be most appropriate and beneficial for your lasting legacy.
To ensure that the correct preparation and wording of your bequest if recorded in your Will, we suggest you make an appointment with your solicitor.
- Read More 52Hello! My name is Josie Barrett. As a lung transplant recipient I have been given so much, so now I feel that I would like to contribute to the cause by supporting the Lungitude Foundation. Learn more about my story below. Please support me in this very worthy cause by making a donation (all monetary donations of $2 or more are tax deductible) or come to my Morning Tea Fundraiser on the 12th November 2019.$1,040.00 donated of $2,000.00 goal
- Read MoreMy aim is to assist by raising funds for, and building awareness of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis and other lung diseases through the Lungitude Foundation, by voluntary speaking engagements, mentoring and support of patient care. All donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.$50.00 donated